Full Time – Permanent
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and hardworking Maintenance Lead to work in our Manufacturing Plant in Cavan. The prime objective of the role is to lead, drive and manage the Maintenance activities at Ballytherm (Xtratherm) site in Ballyconnell, County Cavan.
- Thorough understanding of the maintenance environment & best industry practices
- Strong & Driven leader capable of making difficult decisions in high pressure environment
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work on own initiative to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail to drive change within department & site
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and identify improvements
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Excellent Problem Solving & RCA skills
- Engineer qualified or trade qualified with relevant industry experience
- Strong Electrical & Mechanical multiskilled background with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience within a demanding fast paced manufacturing site desirable
- People management, mentoring & coaching skills an advantage
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure safety standards are met, safe working practices are adhered to & ensure a safe clean working environment.
- Role will be a combination of tool based and office-based tasks, managing internal & contractor staff as required.
- Provide leadership and support to the site team, ensuring optimum Maintenance performance of site.
- Management of all maintenance activities & streamlining systems to maximise efficiencies of site.
- Proactively plan daily to weekend work. Lead by example on Reactive to Preventative Maintenance (PM) across site.
- Lead technical support on troubleshooting issues and repair of all plant equipment with onsite & offsite guidance.
- Management of all maintenance contractors on site & Permit to work system.
- Identifying and analyse root cause of problems while implementing permanent solutions.
- Ensuring all Maintenance/Site policies and procedures are strictly adhered to by all staff & contractors.
- Work with site operation departments to identify areas of improvement to improve plant performance.
- Work actively with Manufacturing Engineering Manager and Plant Manager to maximise reliability of plant.
- Regularly providing progress reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager & Plant Manager.
- Prepare TPM, PM plans and Maintenance Documents for site in advance of new SAP CMMS system (Q3 2022).
- Ensure site stock control is adhered to and stocks system correctly managed. E.g. Spare Parts, Repairs etc.
- Assist in Site Capex & Opex projects as and when required.
- Carry out necessary training for role & future career development.
- Flexible working hours, weekend working & call outs may be required to meet the demands of site.
- Undertake appropriate site & maintenance tasks, as requested by Plant Manager.
- Work within the ethos and standards of the company.
Send CV by Sunday 10th October 2021 to HR@xtratherm.com