We currently have a vacancy for a Maintenance Technician reporting to the Maintenance Lead.
- Mechanical/Electrical based apprenticeship or equivalent qualification
- Min 2+ years’ Maintenance Technician experience preferably in a manufacturing environment preferably on the electrical side.
- Multi Skilled Technician Experience e.g. Mechanical & Electrical
- Decisive & ability to make decisions quickly and effectively to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi task with strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task on technical issues
- Previous SAP experience an advantage
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Troubleshoot and repair of all factory equipment – electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical.
- Identify the root causes of problems and suggest process improvements for long term solutions.
- Ensure production efficiency is maximised and return production to full capacity promptly.
- Ensure that all breakdowns are recorded on system.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance work as required by PM schedules and suggest improvements.
- Maintain systems in place for spare parts stock and ensure system is being correctly utilised.
- Must be able to dismantle, adjust, modify, improve and assemble factory equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating/repair manuals, or drawings.
- Take an active part in all machine installations, continuous improvements and maintenance projects.
- Work with Maintenance team to address causes of downtime and suggest process improvements.
- Responsible as part of a bigger team for ensuring that all production & maintenance KPI’s are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, clean working environment and carrying work in a safe manner ensuring safety standards are met.
- Liaise with relevant departments were necessary to assist in the smooth day to day running of the organization
- Undertake any other tasks appropriate to the position, as requested by management.
- Undertake training as and when required i.e. MEWP, Forklift, Abrasive Wheel, PFPE, Manual Handling, Fire Extinguisher, etc.
- Flexible working hours to meet production or maintenance deadlines.
- Make yourself available for overtime as and when required.
- Complete advanced training i.e. Confined Spaces, First Aiders, ERT (Marshal or Warden) etc.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement projects
If you require further information on this role or wish to apply please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th May 2022