Responsible for all elements of technical processing, foam and chemical related activities on
site and their impact on finished board quality and line efficiency and throughout.
Qualification or experience in chemistry, technical processing or manufacturing desirable
Key Tasks and Duties
- Responsible for the smooth running of the chemical laydown area, this includes all elements of process control, line set up, pump calibrations, speed and density control, formulation optimisation, mould release and side papers, operator training, TPM and housekeeping.
- Responsible for the quality of the board produced.
- Trouble shooting and effective problem solving on the production lines. Key to this is the development of strong relationships with suppliers re new products and technical advancements.
- In conjunction with the Department head and R&D/NPD/purchasing functions conduct line trials on new facing materials and chemical formulations, recording data and reporting accurately.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of raw material stock management and the SAP raw material system
- Management of the laydown Shopfloor programme
- Responsible for the completion of the daily in-process QC checks and finished product testing, data recording and analysis.
- Responsibility for compliance to product declarations such as Thermal Conductivity, Compressive strength, Reaction to Fire and Dimensional Stability
- The role also involves the supervision and management of the laboratory and process technicians
- Work closely with the site management team to ensure the site is a safe, clean and environmentally sound location. This is achieved through auditing and standard setting.
- Where required manage product testing, certification work and external audits.
- Being a member of the management team, which oversee the smooth and effective running of the Xtratherm, Navan site and the effective delivery of the site objectives and targets
- Responsible for driving key KPI’s: foam wet density, line speed, line efficiency and first pass/total A grade
- In conjunction with the quality department work to minimise customer complaints, and when they arise to deal with them quickly and efficiently
- Work with site and company management to influence and deliver on CAPEX projects
- Promoting the values of the company.
- To undertake training as required.
- Any other task as requested from management.
- Ensure that present and future plant objectives can be met through the development of a highly trained and flexible work force by identifying and coordinating the training needs of your group.
- Manage, motivate, roster and develop personnel including hiring, training, terminating, evaluating, discipline, goal setting and career and personal development.
- Control of attendance, timekeeping, overtime and holidays, initiating disciplinary action when required.
- In your position you are required to lead a team of operators and technicians and therefore must be an excellent communicator and motivator.
- Initiate, support and communicate all company policies and procedures to employees.
If you require further information on this role or wish to apply please submit a copy of you most up to date CV to the Human Resources Department.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 26th August 2022